Monday, December 10, 2012

Uncertainty, go away.

   I had another ultrasound today at what should be 7 weeks and 6 days, but baby Wicks is still measuring behind at 6 weeks, 4 days.  Still trying not to freak out, since there was still a heartbeat and everything else looks good at this point, but I had really hoped to find some comfort and reassurance before making a long trip home.  I'd like to tell my family and our close friends without fear looming over me to this extent.  I have an appointment with my regular OB tomorrow, since my RE is transferring care over to her, so I feel that that's a good sign.  Hopefully, he feels everything is stable enough for me to go ahead and start seeing her.  I may beg her to check for an audible heartbeat, since my RE didn't check for one other than to see it.  On to another topic, my dogs have been super annoying.  I love these creatures beyond reason, but they are killing me by barking and pacing around the back door every five seconds the minute I lay down for a nap.  They must also be conspiring with friends and family to keep me awake, because I get more calls and texts when I'm trying to nap than the whole rest of the day.  This applies no matter what time nap time is.  I'd also like to note that my nutritional choices today have been....interesting.  I have eaten a nutrition bar, Pringles, pickle juice, and frozen mango.  I really wanted an actual pickle, but Matt is a tricky beast who left an empty pickle jar in the fridge.  I really need to do something like this.  Maybe I'll pour out all his beer, and put the tops back on the bottles, and his life will be ruined when he realizes they are all empty.  He's lucky I'm not down with wasting money.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, is it bad that your post made me laught at the end? I'm so sorry hun, sounds like you are stressed out right now and feeling kinda blah in general from the dogs, to food, to being tired, to the ultimate fear of something you cannot control. I wish I could do or say something to make it all go away. There has been growth with the baby and it is a great sign that you are seeing the OB today. Really hoping she is more reassuring and that you can hear your baby's heart. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it made you laugh! I try to balance out my crazy worrier posts with at least a little something else that isn't too serious. You are the best for being so reassuring and supportive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! And I must say, I've been craving Pringles too!

    ReplyDelete