Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Never Been Here Before

   It's been a heartbreakingly difficult couple of weeks for some of my friends, and I feel guilty for where I am and for even posting something positive.  I've had my IUI buddy going through a miscarriage, my sweet friend dealing with the aftermath of a second IVF that ended in her 4th loss, and another dear friend lost her precious twins at 19 weeks.  It reminds me of how unfair life can be, but also how quickly our joy can be stolen from us.  So, for that reason, I'm sharing a happy update on my pregnancy.  Because there are no guarantees, and today, I need to try and celebrate it.
    At our ultrasound last week, we got to see our babies again, and I couldn't believe how much they looked like babies.  I was so shocked to even see them both there with beating hearts at 7w5d.  At our ultrasound at that point with our first baby, you could barely see anything.  Hardly any growth from the last time.  This time...BAM!  Babies!  We have another ultrasound this Friday (at 9w1d), and then the weekly ultrasounds are over.  It's going to be a strange transition, but what isn't at this point?  I hope and pray that this ultrasound Friday will be enough to put my mind at ease until I go back at about 12 weeks.  If measurements and heart rates are on target, I'll do my best to chill a little, and we'll probably make it Facebook official the following week.  It seems unreal.  I hope it is very real and that this story has a happier ending than any of our previous ones.


And since I didn't do this yet...
Symptoms:  major nasal congestion, constant nausea (no actual puking at this point, but some close calls!), fatigue, seriously sore boobs, hungry as hell, sore abs, strange feelings in my sides and around my pubic bone.
Food aversions:  raw meat, chocolate (crazy, because I usually love chocolate), other sweet stuff.
Cravings:  Changes all the time, but the only things I can consistently eat when everything else sounds disgusting are fruits and BabyBel cheeses.


1 comment:

  1. I love seeing this update in the midst of all the sorrow. I need to see this update and more like it. I can't wait to hear about your u/s Fri and how much bigger they will be then. Your twins are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete