Friday, June 12, 2015

Grow, Babies! Grow, Babies! Grow!

 Today is 10w1d, and the first day I haven't thought I was going to throw up even once (thank you, Unisom, my new friend).  It is also the day I made the transition to my fat clothes.  You know the clothes you're supposed to get rid of when you lose some weight?  Well, I didn't get rid of all of them, and now I'm glad.  It's a good thing I am a procrastinator with boxes full of clothes to get rid of.  I just dug some fat pants out, and now I don't have to feel like I'm going to blow the buttons off my shorts.

We had our ultrasound at the radiology clinic a week ago to determine whether the babies share a placenta (the tech couldn't tell us, and I sure as hell can't tell where their placentas are), and everything looked good.  I almost had a breakdown, because Matt wasn't there yet when they called me back, and I didn't want to go without him, but for some reason, pregnancy makes me LESS emotional (at least the first trimester), so I didn't cry and embarrass myself.  It was my first abdominal ultrasound, so I was scared I didn't drink enough or that she wouldn't be able to see the babies or something, but everything was fine.  The tech was also really sweet, and I told her I was internally freaking out, so she was thorough and let me know each measurement she took and even pointed out to me that Baby A was wiggling!  So cool!  They measured 9w3d and 9w0d and had heart rates of 178 and 181, so I'm pleased with that and was able to calm down just a little and stop expecting the worst.  Matt got there while she was measuring Baby B, so he missed the wiggles, but hopefully he'll feel the wiggles one of these days.

I got a fetal doppler and have practiced with it, since I"ve heard that you will hear your own arteries, the placenta, and all kinds of stomach growls and stuff.  I wanted to know what I WASN'T listening for.  So at 9w5d, I tried it out, and I found both their little heartbeats!!  It was awesome!  Hooray for things I can do at home to keep tabs on these little babes like a typical worrier!  I'm limiting myself to once a week so that I don't go crazy with it, but now that weekly ultrasounds aren't going to be happening, the once a week thing should be plenty.  (And I already know that it's possible to hear them one day and not the next before someone tries to protect me from a potential freak out.)

We didn't get great pictures of Baby A (who is really Baby B according to the transvaginal ultrasounds, I think) because of the angle he/she is at, but here are a couple pics from their last photo shoot.

I obviously can't work a webcam without peeking around to make sure I'm doing it right.




Cravings:  Not really cravings, but things that have been sounding edible are tacos, fruit, burgers, and cheese.
Food Aversions:  The same but not as bad.  I've had a little chocolate and have cooked meat. 
Symptoms:  The boob soreness has decreased, but is still there.  It's starting to get uncomfortable to sleep on my back (it feels like my organs are unhappy or something), and I am needing fewer naps.  My hips hurt during the night.  Nasal congestion is still going strong. Feeling fat. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! Getting closer to the second tri! The babies look great and how cool you heard their h/b. I'm so happy for you with how well it's all going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! Congrats!!!!! This is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete