Thursday, May 1, 2014

Goodbye Again

Well....Right now I have to wonder if I'll ever be able to stay here for a whole 9 months.  I don't know why the hell we can't keep our babies.  It's bullshit.  I was so hopeful when my first two betas were 22 and then 78, but when it only went up to 148 in 51.5 hours, I got nervous.  My doctor was not concerned, and she is incredibly thorough and cautious, so I tried to be positive, but my heart seems to always know what my doctors do not.  Today, my hcg was only 150.  It has only risen by 2 in a little less than 48 hours.  I don't know why this is happening.  I don't know how to move on.  I have no idea where to go from here.  What's wrong that is causing us to have so much trouble?  I did EVERYTHING right this time.  I had lost weight, I was super on top of things with my thyroid, I did the neupogen injections, I went in for a progesterone shot that hurt like hell just in case, I ate the hell out of organic fruits and veggies, and I took it easy like I was told to.  So, why am I sitting here heartbroken once again?  I had such a good feeling about this pregnancy in the beginning, and then I woke up with a feeling of dread this morning, and that feeling was the same feeling I felt on the night of Dec. 11, when I had an ultrasound the next day that would confirm my fear that my baby no longer had a heartbeat.  Right now, a part of me never wants to be pregnant again.  I don't think it will ever be any less than completely terrifying and heartbreaking.  I have another beta tomorrow just to confirm what we already know (and probably for my doctor to rule out an ectopic).  I wish I could just stop the progesterone and not draw this out.  My heart can't take this.

3 comments:

  1. Farra, I cannot believe this has happened again. I am so sorry and I feel horrible for trying to keep your hope all day today too. I just don't understand. This isn't fair and I'm so heartbroken for you. I want this to be different, for your doctor to say, oh it was a mistake, this is your real beta. I'm just so, so sorry. I love you girl! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I have been trying for 6 years and been through 7 ivf cycle. I just lose my twins. It's hard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry for your loss and for the infertility you've been going through. There is nothing like losing your child and having never had the chance to know them. Not to say knowing them and losing them is easier at all. It's just a very strange kind of grief that others can't understand or relate to unless they've experienced it themselves.

      Delete